This eLearning is for anyone who manages staff or who find themselves informally doing so.
Learn how to recognise when a staff member is struggling and how you can support them professionally.
The course covers how to support staff who are experiencing a mental health problem and mental health in practice, and includes:
- The different models of mental health
- How mental illnesses are diagnosed
- The causes, signs and symptoms and treatment and support options that relate to stress, anxiety and depression
- What organisations are expected to do for employees who are stressed, anxious or depressed
- What individuals are expected to do for themselves
- What to do when this doesn't work and the problem worsens
- Appropriate language and topics for 1:1 meetings with staff who are struggling